Friday, August 10, 2012

Being Cheap: The Magic of Freebies

You know, sometimes there is something magical about being a poor, struggling twenty-something - like figuring out odds and ends of the art of being cheap. Truthfully, it's an art that my momma instilled in me at a young age. I learned some fabulous tricks at her knee that I just have yet to give up.

And let's be real, who doesn't love free stuff?

A fun step of receiving free stuff is the freebies. Now get closer to the screen, because this may be the most important lesson in being frugal (but mostly, it's just about getting free samples from manufactures and then storing them like an obsessive hoarder...)

First thing, DO NOT GOOGLE 'FREEBIES'. Why you might ask? Because myself, and of course the wonderful creator who calls himself GOOB, have already solved that problem for you. All you must do is go to HERE (www.heyitsfree.com), and every freebie that could be found on the web WILL be listed to this site. How he does it, I have no clue. Just accept it, and continue.

Second thing, I highly suggest you make a 'freebie email'. No one cares what it is, or what address it is at, because frankly, it does not matter. This is just a highly useful step if you really want to avoid getting about a thousand spam emails a day. It will save you the headache.

Third, fill out whichever freebie your heart desires. I personally suggest it be one of your daily checks, only because the freebies can die preeeetttty fast, and you know that you don't want to miss out on a free sample of Tom's deodorant!

Lastly, enjoy the reapings! I personally keep all my freebies in a basket. I get joy out of seeing it fill up with shampoo samples...Don't judge. You'll soon be addicted.

Yeah, you're welcome.

l.shane

No comments:

Post a Comment